Google

Google
 

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

GMAT Struggle

I guess it started of with a CAT disaster and a feeling that I need to move out of this Software field to do something on my own. I was quite depressed and I guess that decision was somewhat quite instant and out of frustration. That anyone will agree coz I took GMAT date giving myself just 2 months time to work on. Probably I had a lot of confidence on my abilities and other thing was that I didnt like to prolong things too much. I wanted to apply in R1 and thought of completing this tough task at hand ASAP.

So I used to take out some 2 hours in the morning before the my office hours so as to lock horns with GMAT.The biggest challenge was to maintain that determination and enthusiasm. So Abt the Books I referred .
1) Official Guide 10
2) Official Guide 11
3) Kaplan Verbal

I started with Official Guide 10. Maths was never a concern for me so straight to verbal. A healthy mix of question from both Kaplan and OT saw my interest building up.
Then I gave my Power Prep test-1 ,Scored 600. I was happy that I'm quite on the track and thought of increasing it to 670-680 within 1 month.As usual Verbal was my coz of concern.So day in and night out thought of doing verbal.My work suffered somewhat, but I had confidence of coping with that once my battle is over.
Its about priotizing your goals in life. GMAT was something I was going for.Whats important is network.Pagalguy and Business week gave me a lot of friends who were sailing in the same boat.
Though I continued with this schedule for a while but I'm also a human.Frustration level started creeping in,seeing my friends partying and I studying. I forgot to tell. Most of my saturdays and sundays went for preps.

After a month of prep, with the D day approaching I was scoring 670-680 and was a little frustrated.
Thought of many things to improve on that score,but couldn't find much on that.Took membership of scoretop. I feel it helped.

On the D day.
Arrived at the centre 2 hour before the scheduled time. I was asked if I can 45 minutes earlier . I was happy to start that ASAP.Exam was tougher than usual. I guess made some silly mistakes in Quant, costed me heavily.
Verbal was tough and was happy to find some questions straight from scoretop.com .
Finished the exam in 3 hours 45 minutes.


Score : 700
Quant: 49
Verbal: 38
AWA:5.0

5 comments:

Finance Dissertation said...

Whenever i see the post like your's i feel that there are still helpful people who share information for the help of others, it must be helpful for other's. thanx and good job.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat seo techniques[/URL], You are far from alone if you have no clue about blackhat marketing. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or little-understood ways to generate an income online.

dissertation help said...

it's good to see this information in your post, i was looking the same but there was not any proper resource, thanx now i have the link which i was looking for my research.

College Management Solution said...

I'm a new visitor to your blog. I'm preparing for my GMAT and planning to apply for fall 2012 admissions.

About Me

A Program Analyst working in a MNC in India and waiting for the defining moment in my life, an opportunity which'll rock my life.